Thursday, July 14, 2011

HCCC July Festive challenge

This month, Marnie challenged us to make a Christmas card using the colours green, orange and yellow.  Not the first colours to pop into your head when you think Christmas.  If you want to read more, visit the blog here.  Since I failed to come up with an entry for June (something borrowed) I thought I would give this a try.  I recently acquired a cute set from Technique Tuesday, Season's Greetings and thought the little light bulb was really cute.   So I stamped it repeatedly over the top of the card and coloured it with green, yellow and orange markers.  I coloured the base with silver gel pen and then added Crystal Effects over top to make them look more 3 dimensional.  I added a tag with embossed sentiment and a little bit of ribbon and matted it on both orange and green cardstock.  I think the result is cute and simple.  Hope you like it too.

2 comments:

  1. Ack!!! I can't believe you did it!! I have been stewing over this card all month and I can't come up with anything...and then I pop over here only to see you' ve come up with the most brilliant and cute Christmas card ever!! This is amazing! I love how you used the non-Christmas colours and still created a super holiday card. Kudos, girl!! I totally need to borrow some of your mojo :) Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You did it. Awesome card. I give you props for creating a festive holiday card with those colours. Tres bon.

    ReplyDelete